Project Management Services
We offer short, targeted engagements directed at specific project mangement issues. (We are not a “body shop”.) Our aim is always to effect a knowledge transfer so that the maturity and capability of our clients is incrementally improved.
Problems with projects or programs? We’re here to help.
Typical client issues include:
- No consistent practices
- A culture of missed deadlines
- Inexperience project managers
- Conflicting priorities
- Constantly changing scope
- Risks not managed
- No documentation
- Unclear plans and deliverables
- Poor reporting to management
- Responsibilities and accountabilities unclear
Adaptive Frameworks can assess a single project or the project environment in general, provide recommendations on remedial action and assist you in implementing these.
- If you have a major strategic project about to commence, then we will help you ensure it gets off to a good start and stays on track.
- If your project has gone off the rails, we will help prevent the train wreck.
- If you have a train wreck, we will perform a salvage operation.
In all these cases we will be working with your own staff in a collaborative way to improve outcomes and establish effective, efficient processes for moving forward and maintaining momentum.
Coaching and Mentoring
Adaptive Frameworks have project management professionals with decades of experience across different business environments who are able to provide guidance on a casual or part-time basis. In this way your own staff can be developed into capable project managers with the assurance that the project will be well managed while they learn. This is a very cost effective method in which the skills and experience of staff can be honed on the job.
- For Beginners. Suitable for small projects being undertaken by someone with little experience in managing projects. Most support will be provided on site.
- Minimum time requirement 40 hours over a period of 15 business days
- Intermediate. Suitable for all projects managed by someone with a basic knowledge of project management who needs advice on particular aspects or at a particular point in the project lifecycle.
- Minimum time requirement 16 hours.
- Suitable where a second pair of eyes is needed to read reports or documents and provide an assessment or comments.
- Intended for occasional use of short duration. No minimum time requirement
Project Health Checks
Adaptive Frameworks have accredited consultants available to conduct an assessment of the health of your project. We will provide you with a report on the likelihood of meeting targets for time, cost, quality and scope and suggest any remedial action necessary.
Below are three typical health check options:
- Suitable for small to medium projects soon after start up to ensure everything is in place to ensure a controlled completion. Price includes on-site meetings & interviews (up to 6 hrs), document examination (up to 80 A4 pages), draft report, client review, final report.
- Typical project size: Project teams up to 10, project will complete within 6 months or cost less than $100K
- Suitable for projects which are underway or large projects soon after start up. Price includes on-site meetings & interviews (up to 12 hrs), document examination (up to 160 A4 pages), client feedback on progress, ad-hoc investigation, draft report, client review, final report.
- Typical project size: Project teams of 10 or more, project will take 6 – 12 months or cost less than $1M
- Suitable for large projects which are underway. Price includes on-site meetings & interviews (up to 20 hrs), document examination (up to 250 A4 pages), client feedback on progress, ad-hoc investigations, draft report, client review, final report.
- Typical project size: Project teams of 10 or more often involving external contractors, project will take more than a year or cost more than $1M